Idols SA Season 17 Online Auditions Frequently Asked Questions
For all those who might have questions regarding the Idols SA season 17 online auditions, kindly find all the answers that you are looking for below.
When do Idols SA online auditions open and close?
Open at 9:00 am Friday 29th January 2021 and close at Midnight Sunday 14 February 2021 (*or when we reach the 15,000 entry limit – whichever comes first)
What do I need to prepare to submit for the Idols SA online audition?
– Full Name
– SA ID Number
– Contact phone number
– WhatsApp number
– Contact e-mail address
Where do you live at the moment, including the Province?
– 30 second video clip of your audition, singing only. No talking
How do I know that my audition has been received?
– Once an audition has been submitted, an automated email response will be sent saying that your audition has been received.
How do I know what to do next?
– Contestants will receive a further email informing them as to whether their audition was successful or not.
Will I see the judges?
– Should your on-line audition be successful you will be invited to audition in person in front of the Idols Judges. *The Judges decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
Can I play an instrument while singing for my audition?
– No, singing only.
Can I sing my own song?
Should I introduce myself and talk as part of my audition?
– No, singing only please. Speaking will not be considered.
How long should my audition clip be?
– We accept a maximum duration of 30 seconds only. Singing only. No Talking. Please prepare your clip and all your information before you log on to submit your application
What are the rules for entering Idols SA online?
– You must be between 16 and 30 on the day of your audition.
– You must have SA residency.
– You may not have an existing recording or management deal.
– The online audition process will be judged by members of the Idols Music team and the Idols judging panel.
– The Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
– Your video must only be 30 seconds in duration.
– Your video must be of you singing only. No talking will be considered.
– Your audition may be used on TV even if you do not get a call back to audition for the judges.
When does judging for online audition start and end?
– Online Audition Judging will commence on 01 February 2021 and conclude on 01 March 2021.
Now if you are ready to audition, kindly check out How to Register for Idols SA 2021 Online Auditions.